Monday, March 22, 2010

Feeling Empowered!

So, I'm sitting here at my friend's house in the mountains of Tennessee just in awe of what God is doing in my life. I just got done attending an intense 2-day support raising seminar called Boot Camp in Greenville, SC through an organization called The BodyBuilders. Wow, it's really changed my outlook on support raising!! Now I feel ready and empowered and can't wait to ask people to partner into the amazing ministry with Celebration Zimbabwe. Because that's what it really is; it's inviting people to be involved in something life-changing. I'm letting vision and compassion pull my train and not the budget. It's an honor for me to sit down with people face to face and share what God has put on my heart for Zimbabwe. I'm not begging for money, I'm walking into the calling God has for me and building a support family to help me walk into that calling.

I've already met face to face with several friends and family and God has already blessed those meetings.

Many of you have probably received my support letter detailing my journey and what I will be doing in Zimbabwe. That's just a heads-up letter to let you know my plans. Over the next several months I will be sitting down face to face with people that have been a part of my life and helped shape it. See, I want my support family to be EXCITED, to feel that they are part of this ministry in Zimbabwe, to know what they are investing in.

I'll leave you now with some great quotes and tips I learned- it's good stuff.

Blessings and love- Shannon

"You don't test the resources of God until you attempt the impossible." - F.B. Meyer

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

"Simply put, God favors those who ask. He holds back nothing from those who want and earnestly long for what He wants." - Dr. Bruce Wilkinson

"Don't allow fear of the unknown to cause you to miss out on what God wants to do through you. Worse than failure is living with the regret of never having stepped out in faith to pursue your vision." - Andy Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment