Monday, July 26, 2010

At the Coffee Shop, Yeah, the Coffee Shop, Yeah.....

This past Saturday night I held my first big fundraising event for Zimbabwe and it completely exceeded my expectations! God is so faithful! What a blast I had at "Stepping out to Zimbabwe Cafe Concert" at Viaggio Coffee. I would estimate that about 200 people came out to show their support and I know Viaggio's has never fit that many people into the shop, it was a sight to see for sure!! It looked like a block party :) My thanks and gratitude goes out to EVERYONE involved in making this event happen and making it such a success. It was a fun night full of many things that make me smile; Blameless, JP Fuller, MC Miss Mary P, DJ Red, Jill Dykstra Massage, Hilary Markel of Take Heart Jewelry (incredible African jewelry line!), Raffle & Silent Auction, trivia, free give-aways, coffee, the Viaggio staff, and Ps John Wyatt- AWWW YEAH! Everyone's kind words will stay with me forever.

Throughout the preparation process for this event (with many bumps along the way) God kept teaching me to be flexible, to let go, and to TRUST Him completely. I know that this event was also preparation for the many events I will plan in Africa for the children. I can see God working in everything. This Viaggio event happened because of GOD, it was so not me. It was HIM helping me along the way.

So what kind of support did I get from this event? Drumroll please.........


Over $2000 was raised towards my upfront expenses and I have now met goal for that. Wahoo!!! How crazy is that?! It can only be GOD when you raise close to $20,000 in just 4 months!! It blows my mind.

7 new monthly partners joined the team and MANY seeds were planted!! $115 in new monthly support came in and that brings me to $1370 monthly raised so far. That's 31 partners total on my monthly team. Keep it coming, the more on the team the better!!! I want everyone to share in this incredible ministry to the children of Zimbabwe. This isn't just about me.

My goal for monthly is at least $3000 due to the inflation in Zimbabwe. Will you prayerfully consider becoming a monthly partner? No amount is too small, it all adds up and will get me to goal. Just giving up Starbucks a few times or eating out once a month can help get me on African soil :) And think about the eternal impact!!


My goal to be in Zimbabwe full-time is beginning of 2011 so that means I need at least $1630 more in monthly support by then. $10, $15, $25, $50, or $100 a month will make all the difference or any amount in-between. If you think this is something you'd like to do I'd love to answer any questions you may have.
I'm going to continue to trust God as I've already seen so many blessings during this prep time. EVERY day is part of the journey, each step equally important. I can see God working, thank you Jesus!!

Blessings,
Shannon









































No comments:

Post a Comment