Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebration Kids Zimbabwe!!!!!!!

It feels so great to be back home in Zimbabwe!!! I just love it here and God has been using me ever since our plane touched the ground on Friday. I've been immersed into Celebration Kids Zimbabwe and I'm loving it. All I want to do is spend time with the kids and teach them about Jesus and show them how much they are loved. Over the weekend I got to help run 3 of the Kids services at our 3 campus locations in Bulawayo. I taught them new songs with dance motions, "I am Free", and "Mighty to Save." It was such a sweet sound to my ears to hear their beautiful voices all singing out. The lesson I taught them at the kids services was about having Faith of Fear. They listened with expectant ears and I believe they truly understood what God wanted me to teach them. Then I got to give the 300 kids Faith bracelets to make and wear so they could remember to always have faith and not be afraid. Oh how they loved it!! The best part of my day yesterday at our Sauerstown campus was when a little boy came up to me after the kids service and with his faith bracelet on his arm said, "I love you so much." My heart just melted. I'm so looking forward to the day when I don't have to leave Zimbabwe, when I can see these children every day. My heart is full of joy with what God had called me to do here with the children's ministry. And I can't wait to see what is in store this week with Taste of Shine Zimbabwe. It's going to be AMAZING!!!! AWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Blessings,

Shannon

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story, Shannon! I'm so glad you're there, spreading your heart around Zim! You are a great blessing to those kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart has been in in Zimbabwe as only someone who's been to Africa can understand. Ya'll have been in my prayers since you left. I can't wait for Zimbabwe to be permanent soil for you!
    Say Hi & give hugs to my lovely Sista's for me!

    ReplyDelete