Sunday, February 2, 2014

My time Stateside

 

Hello and Happy New Year! Can you believe it's already February?! Seems hard to believe. Time flies when you are having fun and doing God's work :) And this year is going to be jam-packed with KidZ at Heart ministry work for me in Africa. I'm very excited!

For the past 2 months I have been Stateside on furlough visiting with family, friends, and my prayer and financial champions. It's been such a sweet time spending Christmas with my family; especially my precious niece Tani. She's a bundle of joy. I've also enjoyed hanging with some close friends and taking in some USA things I can't do in Africa (eating at some favorite restaurants (sushi!) catching a movie, taking a walk on the beach, strolling through Target, Starbucks, that kind of thing....) And best of all I've gotten to meet face to face with so many of my support team and share all that God is doing in Uganda and the rest of Africa through KidZ at Heart. I've had opportunities to share about my ministry work at house parties that friends have organized and at several churches. I've split my time up between Jacksonville, Florida (where I'm from) and Phoenix, Arizona area where KidZ at Heart is located. At the moment I'm in Arizona gearing up for our KidZ at Heart Staff Retreat that starts in just a few days. This will be a time of spiritual refreshing and planning for this year. On February 14th I head back home to Kampala, Uganda where I will hit the ground running with all the exciting KidZ at Heart work to be done this year in Africa.

Here's some exciting things happening this year in Uganda and beyond in Africa:

  • KidZ at Heart training workshops in partnership with KEST (Kampala Evangelical School of Theology) will expand to many village areas throughout Uganda. It's our goal to bring our children's ministry training to as many parts of Uganda as possible and equip the nationals!

  • I will be mobilizing short-term mission trips with KidZ at Heart to countries such as Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Cameroon.

  • I will return in June to East Kilimanjaro, Tanzania to help lead a KidZ at Heart training with a team from the USA

  • Our intensive children's ministry degree program called KAHLA (KidZ at Heart Leadership Advocacy) launches this year in partnership with KEST (Kampala Evangelical School of Theology). We are so excited about this new development!

This will be the beginning of my 2nd year in Kampala, Uganda and it really has become like home to me. The abundant work of KidZ at Heart in Uganda and throughout Africa has just begun. And I'm very honored to be part of God's work there. In order to continue the ministry work God has called me to do, I need a team of champions that are praying and financially supporting the ministry work I'm doing. I'm currently needing $1000 more in monthly support to meet my monthly budget. The cost of living in Kampala is very high. (If you would like to see a breakdown of my budget or have any questions please feel free to ask) Will you partner into this amazing ministry and help reach the 2.2 billion children that need to know Jesus? All it takes is 10 people @ $100 a month, 20 people @ $50 a month, 40 people @ $25 a month or even 100 people @ $10 a month!

May God bless you abundantly!

-Shannon


Donation Details: To Donate Online: http://www.kidzatheart.org/about/our-team/staff-volunteers/ Scroll down and Select My Name (Shannon Routzahn). You can set up Automatic Monthly Gifts if you select the "Ongoing Gift" option. (If the monthly amount options aren’t what you want to give you can also give via filling out the Automatic Donation and Automatic Withdrawal form that is available online at http://www.kidzatheart.org/give/support-a-staff-member-or-missionary/ )
 
Or Mail Checks to: KidZ at Heart International, P.O. Box 21148, Mesa, AZ 85277-1148 (Please designate on Memo line that it’s for Shannon Routzahn)



The 2.2 billion children have the right to become children of God if they receive Jesus as their Savior.  How can they receive Christ if they have never heard about Jesus and His salvation plan of each of us?  We must be part of God’s plan to reach the 2.2 billion children with the Gospel, so that they can become children of God. Over the past 10 years, KidZ at Heart has directly trained more than 5,000 children’s leaders in other countries to reach and teach kids for Christ within their own culture. These leaders can also freely share KidZ training with others (an estimated 30,000 more) who are sharing Jesus with children. Thank God for his leading and provision!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment