Monday, December 19, 2011

Michelle




Salibonani! (Hello in Ndebele)


Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas from Zimbabwe!!


It's been a great few weeks here full of Kids Christmas parties, Kids Christmas Carols, and church services. After visiting our church campus Masvingo, we also held Kids Christmas parties at 3 other locations: Simbomvu, How Mine, and Newmansford. Between all of those, we reached close to 1000 children! It was such a joy for everyone involved. I personally loved being able to teach the children many kids songs with dance motions :) And I can't wait to share more with them in Celebration Kids. I also heard that Pastor Dixon brought a powerful word in Jacksonville and over 600 kids from Zimbabwe are now sponsored through Mission of Mercy. Go God!!!


I wanted to share with you also about a girl named Michelle that really touched my heart. On Saturday evenings we always have church service at our How Mine campus. How Mine is a gold mining community we minister to. How Mine is an impoverished area where there is much oppression. The kids there crave love every chance they can get. This past Saturday I arrived early to help set-up and in walks this precious little girl who I later discovered is named Michelle. You see, she was very shy. But she immediately clung to me throughout the whole night. She came straight for me, stood beside me and held my hand. She looked at me from time to time and just smiled. I would ask her questions but she was either too shy to answer or didn't speak good English. I taught her how to play patty cake with her hands, she loved that! The littlest of things made her smile. When we did worship, she looked at me and followed my every dance move. Then after the service she came to find me straight away. You see, I didn't do much, all I did was show her attention and love and told her that Jesus loves her. But this meant the world to her.


There are so many "Michelles" out there that just need love. They need the love of Jesus. They need to feel valued and appreciated. If I can simply hold the hand of a child in need and tell them they are loved and that Jesus loves them then I feel I am doing what God has called me to do.


Will you pray about making a difference in the life of an African child? Your prayers and financial giving allow me to minister to children daily.


I am very blessed by my family, friends, and support team. I love you all!



Blessings in Christ,

Shannon






Donation Details:


Online Donations: http://worldoutreach.org/ Click Donate and Select My Name, USA and International Cards Accepted


Or Mail Checks to: World Outreach Ministries, PO Box B, Marietta, GA 30061 (designate for Routzahn, Fund Code #91)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited as we just sponsored a little girl from How Mine!!! Her name is Princess! Thank you for loving on the kids there & if you just so happen to meet a beautiful Princess, tell her all about me:-) Maerry Christmas (you have the best gift ever... Africa)!

    ReplyDelete